DICK GREEN’S FAMOUS CARAMEL CORN
(Dick and Judy are old friend of my family. Judy said that she always made this caramel corn when they took their kids to the drive-in, and they loved it! Dick adds that it’s absolutely delicious, and I wholeheartedly agree!)
6 quarts popped corn
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup Karo syrup
½ tsp. baking soda
- Spread corn into shallow pan. Keep warm in 250 degree oven.
- Combine butter, sugar, Karo syrup and salt in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to 248 degrees (candy thermometer).
- Stir in baking soda. It will foam.
- Drizzle over popcorn. Stir and toss to coat.
- Return to oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container(s).